[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Influencing classpath order

ljnelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 11:56:15 EDT 2007

I have read the class loading use cases topic, and understand it as well as any mortal can hope to, so please please please please don't refer me there please please.

For various legacy reasons, I need to make sure that various jars present in jboss-4.0.5/server/myserver/lib are available on the classpath in a certain order.  I understand this means effectively that I have to influence the order in which UCLs contribute their jars to the common loader repository.

So, for example, let's say I have shadow.jar which has a Foo.class in it.  I also have base.jar which has a Foo.class in it.  I need it to be the case that whenever these two jars appear together in a classpath that the Foo.class from shadow.jar trumps the other one.

What magic bit of configuration must I change to accomplish this?  I had tried to influence this order by using the  element in the jboss-service.xml file present in the lib directory.  I cannot tell, however, whether this works because (a) that's how you do it or (b) dumb luck.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Laird

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056574#4056574