[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Influencing classpath order

ljnelson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 13:24:59 EDT 2007

I should have said that I tried to use the (left angle bracket) classpath (right angle bracket) element in jboss-4.0.5/server/myServer/conf/jboss-service.xml.  I put in three such elements, like this:

  | <classpath codebase="${jboss.server.lib.url:lib}" archives="shadow.jar"/>
  | <classpath codebase="${jboss.server.lib.url:lib}" archives="base.jar"/>
  | <classpath codebase="${jboss.server.lib.url:lib}" archives="*"/>

I would think that would make it so that the various JBoss classloaders in effect would get Foo.class from shadow.jar, not base.jar.  I have reports from users that this is not consistent across systems, which makes me think that this is not the way to do it.

Also, in the case of a web application deployed later on, will it--when its loader comes up to this parent in search of Foo.class--will the parent loader in such a case respect this order?  The mind-bending diagram in the classloader use cases topic would appear to say yes, this is the case, but that's not the behavior being seen.

Finally, if in my code I ask a UCL for its URLs, I take it their order is absolutely and entirely insignificant, and that it is actually impossible to tell who will load a given class.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056609#4056609

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056609