[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Question on JSF lifecyle -> alter model in apply application

CarstenRudat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 13:30:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I use JSF 1.2 RI on JBoss 5 Beta 2 and I try to update a backing bean in the application phase like this:

  | public class MyBean{
  |  protected MyDataStructure m; // + getter/setter
  |
  |  public String anActionMethodWithOutcome() {
  |    setM(new MyDataStructure());
  |    return outcome;
  |   }
  | }

Before the call of anActionMethodWithOutcome() m is null. At the last line of anActionMethodWithOutcome() m is set to a correct value. No other setM() is called. BUT, when the response renders the screen and a getter-method is called, I see in the debugger, that m is null :-(

I think, it has anything to do with the livecycle of jsf... Is there a way to update the model and have this modification still at response time?

Best regards,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056611#4056611

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056611