[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Mapping LDAP groups to DataBase Roles

ybubnov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 13:55:34 EDT 2007

I'm wondering if it possible by configuring server (without wring a new login module) to do following.

I have LDAP with users, passwords, groups etc. And I also I have DataBase with set of possible roles.
Is it possible to authenticate user using LDAP and assign him a set of roles according user's groups, or whatever information I have in LDAP, using roles-groups mapping table in DataBase?

I know that it is possible if you have roles-users mapping table in DB, but I don't want to keep user's name in DB, only groups.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056618#4056618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056618