[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Selector Help needed - Possible alternative suggestions welc

anhminh_tran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 00:36:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

We have a need to have a persistent Queue that will, on one side, have producers publish messages (jobs) to  it.  On the otherside, a variable number of consumers need to be able to select for a specific type of message, if none of those types of messages are there, select for a different type of messages for processing.

The problem that i'm running into is that on the call to consumer.receive(), even though I only get one message back, if there are more than one message that matches the selector criteria, it seem that all those matching messages are "held" and other consumers that wants to select the same matching selector criteria cannot get to those messages to work on.  So what happens is one consumer gets all the messages (jobs) while all the other consumers sit idle.

I would like for only one message to be "marked" received at a time.. the other messages that match the selector but is not given to the consumer yet should be available for the receive() call of the other consumers.

Is this something posssible or am I just doing something that is not supported??  Is there a better way to achieve what i'm trying to do?

Any help and suggestion would be appreciated.

I'm using JBoss 4.2 + JBoss Messaging 1.2

Thanks,
Minh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056722#4056722

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056722