[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Conversations - Best practices?

rapowder do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 06:46:31 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am developing a webclient application using Seam 1.2.1, Hibernate and a Postgres DB on a Jboss 4.0.5.GA server.
There is a tab menu that allows to select the category and list all items of this category. Each item can be clicked to edit its properties.

So far, to handle the navigation between one page and the other I used conversations (a "root" conversation for the categories and a nested conversation to edit an item) because I need to keep in memory in which category I find myself, and which item I am editing.

So far so good, but now I added some "super-categories", clicking on which the corresponding sub-categories are shown. The links are implemented as <s:link value="CategoryName" action="cat_action" propagation="join"/>

Sometimes I get errors (item lists not correctly updated, wrong item is still in the context) caused by random clicking on the various links.
So I am not sure that conversations are the best solution to handle this kind of navigation.

Can anyone suggest a "best practice" in such a case? Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056808#4056808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056808