[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Using xalan.jar 2.5.0 for deployed applications

jaysperk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 07:19:08 EDT 2007

I am trying to use xalan.jar version 2.5.0 in our deployed applications because we need that particular version to integrate with a third party library.  Unfortunately, this version of xalan.jar includes bcel code that is incompatible with the version jboss uses.  It seems that the bcel code is being load from the xalan.jar in .../server/myserver/lib/endorsed instead of the bcel.jar that resides in .../server/myserver/lib.  The bcel.jar in .../server/myserver/lib contains the code required by jboss.  Is there any way around this?  Here is the error I receive:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.bcel.generic.InstructionFactory.createNewArray(Lorg/apache/bcel/generic/Type;S)Lorg/apache/bcel/generic/Instruction;
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.ProxyImplementationFactory.createProxyMethod(ProxyImplementationFactory.java:333)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.ProxyCompiler.getCode(ProxyCompiler.java:181)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Runtime.makeProxyType(Runtime.java:83)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.ProxyCompiler.(ProxyCompiler.java:90)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Proxies$Impl.newTarget(Proxies.java:618)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Proxies.newTarget(Proxies.java:92)
        at org.jboss.proxy.compiler.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Proxy.java:63)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCreateBeanClassInstanceCommand.(JDBCCreateBeanClassInstanceCommand.java:70)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.createCreateBeanClassInstanceCommand(JDBCCommandFactory.java:139)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.startStoreManager(JDBCStoreManager.java:478)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.start(JDBCStoreManager.java:396)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.start(CMPPersistenceManager.java:172)
        at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.startPmAndInterceptors(EntityContainer.java:1063)
        at org.jboss.ejb.EjbModule.startService(EjbModule.java:422)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)

I tried to add the following entry in jboss-service.xml but that did not seem to help:

I also tried this:

I know the offending bcel code is coming from xalan.jar but I don't know how to get it to load from bcel.jar instead.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4056817#4056817

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4056817