[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: [1.3 CVS]Tomcat users getting the shaft?

dsmith@nesmi.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 08:05:40 EDT 2007

"wesleyhales" wrote :
  | I *finally* got my tomcat impl up and running with embedded (don't laugh), and I gotta say that 2 lines of config code and a few jars is nothing to gripe about for local development. I am just deploying a context to  tomcat via maven/cargo and everything works like a charm. The only thing missing now is a scan interval for picking up changes.

Yes, this isn't difficult to install.

But take it from this prospective, when you already have a Tomcat environment up in production and sysadmins that are "trained" and support it. Try asking them to install some jars to tomcat libs and modify server.xml on ever instance... This isn't even taking into account they will have to change their upgrade process.  Just imagine "You want me to do what?, for just one application."

Then you might be thinking ok, hmm maybe you could get them to install JBoss AS. Nope. Imagine again: "You want us to learn some new AS, for just one application@$#%"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057311#4057311

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057311