[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: [1.3 CVS]Tomcat users getting the shaft?

bill.burke@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 14:49:21 EDT 2007

"dsmith at nesmi.com" wrote : I agree with you on this. If I did want all of those services, why wouldn't I install a full EE server?

The whole idea is to sneak by the "lightweight" litmus test.  We (JBoss) knows these components are lightweight, ala cartable, fast to boot and performant, but we have to fight this "lightweight" propaganda.

But, didn't you answer this yourself?  Specifically:

anonymous wrote : Then you might be thinking ok, hmm maybe you could get them to install JBoss AS. Nope. Imagine again: "You want us to learn some new AS, for just one application@$#%"

Now this is good feedback.

anonymous wrote : But take it from this prospective, when you already have a Tomcat environment up in production and sysadmins that are "trained" and support it. Try asking them to install some jars to tomcat libs and modify server.xml on ever instance... This isn't even taking into account they will have to change their upgrade process. Just imagine "You want me to do what?, for just one application."

This is good feedback as well.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057466#4057466

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057466