[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Any way to specify connect timeout separate from socket

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 15:15:36 EDT 2007

Hey Tim,

Ok, I'm assuming that you're talking about the time spent in java.net.Socket.connect().  Note that the socket transport uses connection pools, so a given invocation may or may not need to create and connect a new socket.

Now, Remoting 2.2.0 has a "per invocation" timeout facility which limits the time taken by a single invocation.  See Section 5.8.2 "Per invocation timeouts" in the Remoting Guide (http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/ch05.html#d0e5415 ) for more information.  If the invocation needs to create a socket, the remaining time until timeout will be passed to the java.net.Socket method

  | public void connect(SocketAddress endpoint, int timeout) throws IOException

After the socket is created, any remaining time until timeout will be available for the actual invocation.

I'm not sure if that helps.  If not, can you say more about what you're trying to do?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057471#4057471

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057471