[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - sending a class threw page parameters

adrien.loyat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 26 09:20:05 EDT 2007

Hello, I have a pobleme with page parameters.

I have generated a very simple CRUD application with seam-gen from a database containing 2 tables : col and typecol (which means the sort of col).
The link between the two tables is : col.type = typecol.id
typecol.id is an Integer

The generation is ok. The col class contain a property Typecol typecol. A colList.xhtml was generated too.

Now, I want to search for col of a certain type. So I've had a selectBox in colList.xtml :

  | <s:decorate template="layout/display.xhtml">
  | 	<ui:define name="label">Type de collectivité</ui:define>
  | 	<h:selectOneMenu id="typecol" value="#{colList.col.typecol}" >
  | 		<s:selectItems value="#{typecolList.resultList}" var="untypcol"
  | 			label="#{untypcol.nom}" noSelectionLabel="Select..."
  | 			hideNoSelectionLabel="false"/>
  | 		<s:convertEntity />
  | 	</h:selectOneMenu>
  | </s:decorate>

In ColList.page.xml, I've added the param :
<param name="typecol" value="#{colList.col.typecol}" converter="EntityConverter" />

In RESTRICTION property of ColList.java, I've added this :
"col.typecol = #{colList.col.typecol}",

When I tried the new selectBox, nothing happend.
I put a conversation scope to colList class, then the search was ok. Was-it good to add conversation scope ?

Nevertheless, all is not perfect, as I cannot use links (to order the list, or to navigate between the pages of results) because my param typecol is then not written in the url( http://localhost.../ColList.seam?firstResult=25&nom=&cid=4).

Am I wrong from the beginning ? Am I wrong with the param in page.xml ?
Thank you for having a look a fiew second at my issue.
Adrien

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057709#4057709

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057709