[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Editable tabular data the seam way?

dajevtic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 26 14:46:02 EDT 2007

Pete, in case you haven't tried yet, don't bother. I got it sorted out. Thanks for offering your help.
The problem was indeed, that when saving my data, I did not post the page ref during saving. Adding the parameter in my sort and save buttons, now the data in the data base is updated correctly.

One question remains though and it would be great if Seamone of you had the answer:
Fact: Once I access data from the data base and then page to the next records my previous data is thrown away. So far so good.

We have one use case, though, where we want to be able to edit data on one page, and the next, and so forth, but non of the edited data should be saved until we hit save. Taking the current approach we always reread the data from the data base, which is highly performant, but we always lose the edited data unless we save it.

Is it possible to use some kind of caching mechanism to store our changes until we hit save?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057845#4057845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057845