[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Exceptions in calls and callbacks

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 02:12:05 EDT 2007

"shdv" wrote : "tom.elrod at jboss.com" wrote : About the only thing can know for sure is if get a CannotConnectException, the call never reached the server.  Anything else would be difficult to know for sure (i.e. if get SocketException, can't be certain that call didn't make it to server).

  | Why does org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke() throw Exception when client is not connected? According to the above description it should be CannotConnectExcetption.
  |
  | I was really disappointed when I got it. My code catches CannotConnectException to handle connection issues.
  |
  | Since Client is usually wrapped in a proxy, under some circumstances proxy class can wrap it into UndeclaredThrowableException making things even worse.

Well, when Client.invoke() throws Exception, it's not a *cannot* connect problem, it's a *did not* connect problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057960#4057960

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057960