[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jbpm and exception handling

leezard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 03:46:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

What should I do to be able to use declarative (XML) exception handling together with pageflows?
I've got very simple pageflow where I have

  |    <start-page name="setRevokeDetails" view-id="/setRevokeDetails.jspx" no-conversation-view-id="/main.jspx">
  |       <redirect/>
  |       <transition name="cancel" to="revokeCancelled"/>
  |       <transition name="process" to="checkRevokeResult">
  |       		<action expression="#{transactionRevoker.revokeTransaction}"/>
  |       </transition>
  |    </start-page>
  |
  | <decision name="checkRevokeResult" expression="#{transactionRevoker.forceRevoke}">
  |       <transition name="false" to="revokeResult"/>
  |       <transition name="true" to="forceRevoke"/>
  |    </decision>

My pages.xml exceptions section looks as follows:

  | 	<exception>
  | 		<end-conversation/>
  | 		<redirect view-id="/generalError.jspx">
  | 			<message>Unexpected failure</message>
  | 		</redirect>
  | 	</exception>

Now method called transactionRevoker.revokeTransaction() throws Exception. It's a method that calls external EJB service. I catch only one exception in this method, and when it throws RuntimeException I get very long stack trace and bad redirect message in browser.

Stack trace says that jPDL can't resolve #{transactionRevoker.forceRevoke}. And I don't know how to cope with exception in this case. I'd like to be able to redirect user to general error page without coding it every time I do something potentially exception-prone.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057992#4057992

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057992