[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: MTOM + WS Security = problem

richard_opalka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 04:32:17 EDT 2007

"mr_d" wrote :
  | I agree, but if mtom is used and it is inlined, I don't see the point of using mtom: we can have the binary parameter inlined like the others. I thought that one of the advantages of mtom was to use xop which describes how to package binary data as an attachment.

@mr_d

Well MTOM can be inlined or not. If you're dealing with small attachments,
such as < 5k images or other binary data I don't see the problem if the
MTOM attachments are inlined. If you're dealing with bigger attachments
then I agree inlined MTOM attachmetns are not good for you. But it
depends on the SOAP stack how it will deal with MTOM attachments.
   For example, some SOAP stacks are configured the following way:
 * if attachment size is lesser than some preconfigured size then MTOM attachment is inlined
 * if attachment size is greater than some preconfigured size then MTOM attachment is sent as MIME part.

Isn't this your problem?

Rio

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058006#4058006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058006