[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityHome problem

KnisterPeter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 07:10:15 EDT 2007

For sure the attribute was the worst thing, but as you can see here:
   public Object getValueFromModel(FacesContext facesContext)
  |    {
  |       Object value = getValueExpression().getValue();
  |       if (value==null)
  |       {
  |          return null;
  |       }
  |       else
  |       {
  |          Converter converter = null;
  |          try
  |          {
  |             converter = getConverter();
  |          }
  |          catch (RuntimeException re)
  |          {
  |             //YUCK! due to bad JSF/MyFaces error handling
  |             return null;
  |          }
  |
  |          return converter==null ?
  |                value :
  |                converter.getAsString( facesContext, facesContext.getViewRoot(), value );
  |       }
  |    }

Any (runtime) exception thrown by the getConverter() call will be dropped silently which (I think) is bad.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058089#4058089

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058089