[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - user defined mbeans - Notification Broadcaster

konkimalla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 13:13:40 EDT 2007

I am planning to use JBoss JMX Services and create a user defined mbean and make it as a notification broadcaster. I have successfully registered the mbean and can invoke its opreations fromt the Servlet. However, I am getting the following error when trying to register a listener to this mbean:

17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR] javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.addNotifi
cationListener(MBeanServerImpl.java:739)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.clique.cmg.web.ComputeServlet.init(Comput
eServlet.java:68)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load
Servlet(StandardWrapper.java:1161)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allo
cate(StandardWrapper.java:806)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:129)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve
.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssocia
tionValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValv
e.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.in
voke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.i
nvoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnec
tionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:156)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.
invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.s
ervice(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.proc
ess(Http11Processor.java:844)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http1
1ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:580)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker
.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
17:59:57,250 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The M
Bean named exists but does not implement the NotificationBroadcaster interface.

I have used the following code in the servlet:

MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locate();
ObjectName broadCaster = new ObjectName("TestJmxBean:service=Jmxcalculate");
JmxListener listener = new JmxListener();
 server.addNotificationListener(broadCaster, listener, null, null);

I made sure that the mbean extends JBossNotificationBroadcasterSupport but not sure why it gives the message.

My fundamental question is can a user defined mbean emit notifications???

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058331#4058331

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058331