[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: or in RESTRICTIONS

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 16:51:40 EDT 2007

This is indeed possible, just not in the obvious way.  Let me present you with an example.

  | <framework:entity-query
  |     name="contactQuery"
  |     ejbql="select from Contact">
  |     <framework:restrictions>
  |         <value>(lastName = #{nameFilter} or firstName = :el1)</value>
  |     </framework:restrictions>
  | </framework:entity-query>

Seam generates named parameters in the pattern "el" + 1-based index of the restriction.  So you can repeat the value expression by using this name.  I am not 100% sure that it starts at 1, because the code seems to leave room for earlier positional parameters, but in all my tests, it always starts with :el1.  Of course, you continue on in the same manner.  If you had another restriction, you would use :e2 in that value.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058421#4058421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058421