[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - MD5­ MessageDigest not available

mike512 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 28 06:44:42 EDT 2007

Hi everybody.

I'm adding Md5 hashcode security to my users passwords. but I'm getting the following error:

anonymous wrote :
  | ERROR [Util] Password hash calculation failed
  | java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: MD5­ MessageDigest not available

Everytime I login.

My code is:

 <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  | 	<!--<module-option name = "unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>-->
  |             <module-option name = "dsJndiName">java:/woneview</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "principalsQuery">SELECT password FROM bu_usuario WHERE username=?</module-option>
  |              <module-option name = "rolesQuery">SELECT rol, 'Roles' FROM bu_roles WHERE username=?</module-option>
  |
  | 	     <module-option name = "hashAlgorithm">MD5­</module-option>
  | 	     <module-option name = "hashEncoding">base­64</module-option>
  |
  |           </login-module>

I think I forgot to add something to the jboss path, but I have not found any information.

Any comments are welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058669#4058669

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058669