[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 1.3.0.ALPHA entity converter: The instance was not

jamathison do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 13:50:50 EDT 2007

I'm getting this one too, in code that worked in 1.2.1.GA. (I already voted in Jira). I'm trying to upgrade to Seam 2.0.BETA1 and AS 4.2.GA.

I removed all outjection, and stripped it down to the following simple usecase: I have a stateless session bean that returns a list of entities, which are then immediately used to populate a selectOneMenu.

Bean:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("itemTextDAO")
  | public class ItemTextDAOBean implements ItemTextDAO {
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  | 	EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  | 	public List<ItemText> getTutorialCategories () {
  | 	   Query query = entityManager.createQuery	(
  | 				"select it from ItemText it where it.itemCode.itemCodeType.name=:name ");
  | 		query.setParameter ("name", "TUTORIAL_CATEGORY");
  | 		return (List<ItemText>) query.getResultList();
  | 	}
  | }

html:

  | <h:selectOneMenu value="#{tutorialEditAction.tutorialAdapter.categoryItemText}">
  | 	<s:convertEntity />
  | 	<s:selectItems value="#{itemTextDAO.tutorialCategories}"
  | 				   var="category"
  | 				   label="#{category.text}"
  | 				   noSelectionLabel="-- Select --" >
  | 	</s:selectItems>
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

I then get the same exception /stacktrace that Felix did.

Any ideas for a workaround would be greatly appreciated, or else I'll have to give up on upgrading for now...

thanks,
Al

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059269#4059269

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059269