[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Deployment Scanner framework

colintoal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 23:12:40 EDT 2007

Cool - I'm glad its on the plan for the future - as the Scanner facility is nice.

One thought I had is to use a meta-annotation to represent "scan discoverable".

One could annotate the annotation that indicates why the class is being discovered with it.

I'm imagining something like:

  | public @interface @ScanDiscoverable
  | {
  |     String value() default ""; // resource token ? like seam.properties ? necessary ?
  | }

  | // Seam example
  | @ScanDiscoverable
  | public @interface Name

This provides the ability to extend the Scanner's discoverable classes with new annotations (like my @JCRContentItem annotation).

Then the Scanner could be extended with Pre and Post Scan hooks (also discovered during scanning):

public @interface ExecutePostScan
  | {
  |     Annotation discoverable();
  | }

Methods (or Classes ? I'm not quite sure yet) bearing this annotation would have to implement a contract like

This would give the new @ScanDiscoverable annotation implementor a clean post Scan hook.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4059360#4059360

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4059360