[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam and plain old JDBC code

syncro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 06:07:35 EST 2007

Hey all

I understand that to be truly efficient with Seam you need to run some sort of ORM tool (Hibernate preferably). At our company we are in desperate need of introducing a web framework and i'm thinking of using Seam, but our db persistence code is all JDBC. Is it still worth using Seam, or should I consider a more "lightweight" and less obtrusive framework? We are planning on replacing all of our JDBC code with Hibernate in the near future, but this will be after the introduction of the new web framework.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024177#4024177

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024177