[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: LocaleSelector

base7691 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 10:46:42 EST 2007

For my application I was able to narrow the problem a little further. It looks like it has somthing to do with ICEFaces I used.

I tried some tests with the new seam 1.2 version. After setting up a new project with seam-gen the locale selector function does very well. Even if I used it with the cookie-enabled selector in the components.xml

<core:locale-selector cookie-enabled="true"/>

After configuring ICEFaces like it is in the example application the following error occured:

ERROR [com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DFaceletViewHandler] Problem in renderResponse: /layout/template.xhtml @19,72 value="#{localeSelector.supportedLocales}": Cannot get value for expression '#{org.jboss.seam.core.localeSelector}'
  | javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: /layout/template.xhtml @19,72 value="#{localeSelector.supportedLocales}": Cannot get value for expression '#{org.jboss.seam.core.localeSelector}'
  | 	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyValueBinding.getValue(LegacyValueBinding.java:60)
  | 	at javax.faces.component.UISelectItems.getValue(UISelectItems.java:55)
  | 	at com.icesoft.faces.renderkit.dom_html_basic.MenuRenderer.getSelectItems(MenuRenderer.java:576)

If I don't use the cookie-enabled selector the application seems to work well but the localeSelector functionality has no effect after clicking the button.

It seems there are incompatibilities between ICEFaces and the localeSelector.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024315#4024315

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024315