[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can I end a conversation programmatically?

raffaele.camanzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 11:26:29 EST 2007

Hi Gavin,

unfortunately this solution does not fit, or better, it does not work in my application. Having a look at the Seam source code I've seen that Conversation.instance().end() calls directly, and only, the Manager.instance().endConversation(false) exactly as I did in my first solution.

I don't know if this is a Seam bug related to the conversation with a given id (caches the information and then even if the conversation is marked to be removed when I ask for the same id it resumes a removed one) or is a misuse of the functionality (I don't know... I can call the Manager.instance().endConversation(bool) only in a method, JSF action handler, inside the class which defines the conversation).

I call the Manager.instance().endConversation(bool) from a method (JSF action handler) defined in a stateful session bean; the session bean has a Seam name and is stored in the session context but I'm sure, because I print such data, to be in the long running conversation with the id that I want to remove when the method is called (when the user presses the close button on the tab label); I have the method in the stateful session bean because is generic for all the tabs and because I can manipulate directly the application control data in order to remove also the tab label and the references from the control structure.

Help appreciated!
Regards,
Raffaele Camanzo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024339#4024339