[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Problem with datasources, they start, but my apps cannot

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 11:34:51 EST 2007

No, using Hypersonic in production is not recommended.  It's an in-process DB; if your app server process crashes, so does your DB. The app server needs a database, so we bundle Hypersonic so the AS will work out of the box on a developer's workstation, but it's not meant for production.

For your JMS config, here's what I recommend you do:

1) Make a copy of your 'pok' config so you still have a backup. :)

2) Start with the default config.  Modify the JMS configuration so it talks to your mysql database.  Get it working so that when you start default, JMS is starting cleanly and working with your mysql database. (No need to deploy anything of your own, except, if you like, your queues/topic.)

3) Go to your 'pok' config.  Delete the deploy/jms and deploy-hasingleton/jms folders.  Copy your modified deploy/jms directory from default.

You're not trying to use HA-JMS, so starting with an HA-JMS config and trying to change it to non-HA is much more prone to error than starting with a non-HA config.

Re: your NPE, it looks like there is some JNDI lookup problem finding PokQueryDS:

22:10:52,325 INFO  [STDOUT] PokQueryDs not bound

You need to debug exactly what name your code is looking for and why it's not finding it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024348#4024348

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024348