[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Explicit conversation id problem

raffaele.camanzo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 11:40:36 EST 2007

Hi All,

since the Seam 1.1.1GA version (now I'm working on the 1.2.0PATCH1) I noted a mis-alignment of the Seam behaviour from the reference documentation.

In the "6.6 Using an "explicit" conversation id" section I found this description:

Clearly, these example result in the same conversation id every time a particular hotel, blog or task is selected.
So what happens if a conversation with the same conversation id already exists when the new conversation begins?
Well, Seam detects the existing conversation and redirects to that conversation without running the
@Begin method again. This feature helps control the number of workspaces that are created when using workspace
management.

This is a good feature, but is not (at least in my application) working since the 1.1.1GA version; this is not a huge problem because I solved it with a boolean value (not that elegant but working)... but if the problem exists and you fix it... I appreciate.

Regards,
Raffaele Camanzo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024357#4024357

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024357