[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Excel support in Seam: any interest?

spambob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 13:34:08 EST 2007

"mjek2" wrote : ... I can only partially agree with it: sure, excel is proprietary, but it's a de-facto standard, whether we like it or not (and yes, I use OpenOffice too ;). And AFAIK OpenDocument file format is rather complex (and JExcel is rather simple and hence can be integrated faster). But in future one could certainly think about ODF as well. ...
Sorry, I misunderstood you! I'm fine with "good old excel", I just thought you mean the new MS xml format - which spec is about 4000 pages so ODF (~700 pages) seems rather small.
I just had a look at the ODF spec and the tables part doesn't seem this much complex - so if you could keep it in mind it should be quite painless to integrate it as soon as some nice java library is available. ;)

Anyway: thanks for the effort & good luck

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024424#4024424

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024424