[jboss-user] [News & Announcements] - JBoss Messaging 1.2.0.GA Released

ovidiu.feodorov@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 1 16:27:30 EST 2007

JBoss Messaging 1.2.0.GA has been released and it is available for download on jboss.org (http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossmessaging/downloads) and sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&package_id=157261).

The 1.2.0.GA release comes with too many changes to fit in this short announcement. The main achievment is that we finally we have production quality clustering with load balancing and transpartent failover. The messaging team will start blogging about the new features shortly. In the mean time, you have access to brand new User Guide, that ships with the release and it is also available on-line, for an overview of the new features.

In order to install JBM 1.2, you will need ant 1.7.0 or newer.

Please remember that 1.2 data schema is not compatible with the 1.0.x series, so in order to upgrade, you will need to either drop the 1.0 database tables, or wait for a migration tool we might write, if there is enough demand. Starting with this release, we guarantee forward and backward compatibility.

Also, keep in mind that even if this is a GA release, it is also a "0" release. It contains tremendous amounts of new functionality, which has been extensibly tested in our QA labs, but has't been battle tested, and as any programmer knows, there's no substitute for that. Use your best judgment and do plenty of back-ups before upgrading.

Enjoy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024469#4024469

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024469