[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How to use portlet bridge for struts?

tsangcn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 04:54:03 EST 2007

Hello,

The portlet-bridges-struts page in apache.org does not contain any link to download the portlet-bridge.  But at last I found it, it is http://www.apache.org/dist/portals/bridges/.  Although the file names indicated that they are source code, the files actually contains source code and compiled binaries.  It is now version 1.0 and contains two jar files for struts (portals-bridges-struts-1.2.4-1.0.jar and portals-bridges-struts-1.2.7-1.0.jar).

I also find the struts-demo-for-jboss-portal.zip (Sorry, I have forgotten where I found it).  But the portlet bridge in it is quite old (version 0.2).  So I have updated the new portlet bridge in it.  And I have modified the xml descriptors to the JBoss Portal 2.6 format.  I can deploy and run the portlet, with the following exceptions:

I logged in as "admin" and use management portlet to create the struts demo portlet in another page called "Starter".  After I click the "Add Center" button, the mangement portlet crashed.  The only way to recover is logout and login again.  But then every time, I click on the "Starter" page link in management portlet, the mangement portlet crashed, and I have to logout and login again in order to use management portlet.  Any way to recover is don't click on the "Starter" page link, but expand it and click on the "StrutsDemoPortletInstance" link and click the destroy button to remove the StrutsDemoPortletInstance from the "Starter" page.

When the management portlet crashed, the following message is shown

  | An error occured while rendering window '/admin/default/ManagementPortletWindow'
  |
  | /WEB-INF/jsp/management/plugins/manager.xhtml @74,63 value="#{portalobjectmgr.cols}": Exception getting value of property cols of base of type : org.jboss.portal.core.portlet.management.PortalObjectManagerBean

Please help to solve the problem.

The above problem does not exist in JBoss Portal 2.4.1

I want to upload the war file.  But how to?

Thanks
C. N.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024589#4024589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024589