[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Thread pools configuration

bortx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 2 05:36:40 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm performing load tests on my jBoss instance. My tests make requests through web service, and the processing uses JMS and JCA data sources. I'm having blocking problems, so the performance is not as high as expected, and the CPU usage is around 30%.

I have taken a look at the configuration of all thread pools jBoss uses, in order to set appropiated values for improving performance. These are the ones I have found:

- JBoss System Threads in jboss-service.xml
- JMS Threads in jbossmq-service.xml
- JCA Threads in jobssjca-service.xml
- Tomcat threads on jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml

I wonder if there are more thread pools I'm ignoring that could affect performance, and also I would like to know the relationship between services deployed in jboss and how they use those pools, so I could detect bottlenecks.

Also I would like to know how to increase the number of instance of EJBs and how it is affected by the thread pools.

Thanks a lot,

Bortx.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024596#4024596

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024596