[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to trigger a new Entity Instance with Home Object in sea

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 3 15:15:17 EST 2007

I used seam gen to generate my entities for CRUD operations and it appears to work great at first.  However, there is an inheirent problem.  On the List page for my entity, I can create my entity one time and everything works great.  The next time I go to create another entity, the previous one must still be resident becuase I get a duplicate identifier error from Hibernate, because it is attempting to persist the same entity.

This is default behavior with the seam generated CRUD app, and I am wondering how to get around it, I know the answer, I just don't know where to put the code.  I know that when clicking on the Create Entity, I should somehow trigger a new instance of the Entity in the Home object to be created.

What confuses me is the done button has a propogation="end" on it, which I assumed would end the conversation and a new one would be created, thus, a new reference to my entityHome object, but that is not the case, there is still the reference to the old one.

Thanks for the help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024877#4024877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024877