[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: IDE for Seam

tony.herstell@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 4 17:47:15 EST 2007

I am using MyEclispe.
The project is set up correctly in MyEclipse so the IDE helps me LOADS.
Exploded deployment... no Code-Build-Deploy-Test... its just Code-Test and no Ant scripts to maintain (yet) and these days I never have to re-start the server that often so get conversion id's in the 100's during Code-Test iterations!

Now this is pretty adventurous but.... Wish List...

MyEclipse supporting the following:

Set up Seam project (Wizard to ask EJB3 or Hibernate, Icefaces Y/N, Facelets/JSP, Secuiryt (Drools Jars required) etc.  SeamGen on steroids?)
   Creates the Ear, Jar and War
   Auto-populates the application.xml
   Supports the various existing gui's (jBPM etc.) (( JSF navigation rules already are GUI supported :) ))
   Has an "icefaces viewer" that allows drag/drop of icefaces components from a SHOWCASE into a Seam page (populates draft xhtml and populates the backing bean with the automagical code that you needs as well - the magical "binding" stuff).
   Wizards to create a new "page + action" like the struts one and you name the new page, action file (or you an existing one to add the action's code into), and Entity name and it creates the Entity for you (even Entity (hibernate) validation!).
   Some sort of help with setting up pages.xml... this is getting quite "interesting" these days as so much is possible from Security through exceptions to factories!... maybe just VERBOSE context sensitive help! e.g. Whats a factory anyhow and why do I need it??

Somehow I cant see them doing it; they might just jump to support the JSR though.

Will cross post to Icefaces and MyEclipse... you never know...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024945#4024945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4024945