[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exadel, JBoss and Seam

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 5 14:39:28 EST 2007

"supernovasoftware.com" wrote : Could someone comment on the current compatibility of JBoss Richfaces with Seam?

  | When might there be an example posted that demonstrates integration of the various JBoss Richfaces components?
  |
  | I have been trying to determine if I should use Ajax4JSF or Icefaces.  I have a rather large application built on Seam, but I have not added any Ajax support.
  |
  | At this point would the Seam team members recommend JBoss Richfaces or Icefaces for a application that only uses Tomahawk(soon to be phased out of my app)?

At present, Ajax4JSF is known to be compatible with Seam, and I am not aware of any major issues.

Seam users have reported a number of problems using ICE Faces with Seam, and as far as I understand these issues, I am inclined to characterize them more as bugs in ICE Faces than bugs in Seam. The ICE guys were working on these issues, and I hope to see them resolved soon.

I'm not aware that RichFaces has been tested with Seam yet (though perhaps Exadel have done some preliminary work that I'm not aware of) but I don't expect many major issues since RichFaces is based upon the Ajax4JSF core which is known to work well.

Obviously our goal is to get a Seam + RichFaces demo done ASAP. Note that this deal was only signed a couple of days ago ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025172#4025172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025172