[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Best way to debug my BPEL processes in JBPM?

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 5 16:00:05 EST 2007

Hello,

I have deployed my BPEL process calling external webservice successfully. Now I am sending SOAP request to it using SOAP UI. I get this message on the console -

  | 11:50:08,182 INFO  [ServiceEndpointManager] WebService started: http://HQ02022:8
  | 080/NewHire/newhire
  | 12:16:30,891 WARN  [ProxyWarnLog] Narrowing proxy to class org.jbpm.bpel.graph.d
  | ef.CompositeActivity - this operation breaks ==

and exception in the server.log

  | 2007-03-05 12:17:23,978 DEBUG [org.jbpm.bpel.graph.scope.FaultActionHandler] handling fault: org.jbpm.bpel.graph.exe.ScopeInstance at 1641f43[name=<null>,token=/,state=performingPrimaryActivity,id=0]
  | org.jbpm.bpel.graph.exe.BpelFaultException: org.jbpm.bpel.graph.exe.FaultInstance at 7f923d[name={http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/}selectionFailure,id=0]
  | 	at org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.xpath.XPathEvaluator.getSingleNode(XPathEvaluator.java:175)
  | 	at org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.xpath.XPathQueryEvaluator.evaluate(XPathQueryEvaluator.java:57)
  | 	at org.jbpm.bpel.graph.basic.assign.FromVariable.extract(FromVariable.java:57)
  |

>From the error message it is clear that it cannot find node at some xpath or finds multiple nodes. But it does not print the 'assign' node index or xpath. Most probably it has failed in very first xpath but going forward what is the best way to debug what went wrong?

The only way I can think of right now is to build jbpm-bpel locally. If I want to debug the source code, which port of 'localhost' I should attach the eclipse debugger with?

Thank you,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025197#4025197

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025197