[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - ClassCastException upon jndi lookup after upgrade from 3.2.8

hgsdc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 05:26:43 EST 2007

Hi forum.

I have already searched the forums and wiki and found that this might be class loader related. I just can seem to get it working. Here's the scene:

I have a web app placed in a war file, say app-web.war
I have a ejb app placed in a ejb jar file, say app-ejb.jar
The whole thing is packed in an ear file, say app.ear

All interfaces are local.

I get the classcast exception during casting of the found home interface (via jndi) to the concrete home interface:

In my web app servlet I do:

MyHome home = (MyHome) ServiceLocator.GetHome(serviceId)

In the ServiceLocator static class i perform the lookup in jndi:

// Lookup is just fine
Object ref = initial.lookup(getServiceName(serviceId));

// Cast to the common EJBHome interface
return (EJBLocalHome) ref;

Upon casting to MyHome interface in servlet I get the class cast exception.

Can someone instruct me how to exactly pack my app-web.war, app-ejb.jar and the app.ear to overcome this issue?

I built my ear and it's contents with an ANT script.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Henrik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025342#4025342