[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Flexing JBoss Portal - Q1

johanwasserman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 07:17:20 EST 2007

Thanks Thomas, Antoine

Your answers gave me a good idea of what to do, but now I have a stupid question, where is the origin of j_security_check?

See, with Flex you can use Remote Objects, you write an action script and declare your remote object, with parameters, and then I would be able to use j_security_check much like in the jsp.

Example:
I have a bean (using himernate)
package pah.to
public class User {
  private String username;
  public User();
  public User(String username) { this.username = username; }
  public String getUsername() { return this.username; }
  public void setUsername(String username) { this.username = username; }
}

In Flex I decalre an Action Script
package com.blah {
 [Managed]
 [RemoteClass(alias="path.to.User")]
public class User {
  public function User() {}
  public function setUsername(username:String);
  public var username:String;
}

(note, mistakes above are accidental, the code above is just provided for quick and dirty illustrative purpose and might not be 100% correct)

Get the idea so far?  Ok, no I can call setUsername in my flex app.
I know that was a quick and dirty, and hope it helps you to see what I am looking for.  I need a package to make an ActionScript Class off so I can call j_security_check....  or am I missing the ball tragically?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025361#4025361

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025361