[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deleted default page leaves protal unusable.

Samuel Weston do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 10:41:06 EST 2007

I've been exploring the JBoss portal (its great) and have encountered the following:

I accidentally deleted the default page. Now, when I try to load my site, I get a 500 page not found with a stack trace.

I can log in to the Admin page (I bookmarked it) but the ManagementPortletWindow displays a null pointer exception error with no way to specify another default page.

Is there any way to recover from this, short of a complete re-install?

Technical Info:
JBoss Portal + AS Bundle Download 2.4.1
PostgreSQL 8.2 backend
Windows Server 2003