[jboss-user] [Remoting] - behavior on failure

login4jbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 19:09:39 EST 2007

Greetings.

The org.jboss.remoting.Client class offers the invoke() and invokeOneWay() methods to do calls to the server side.

If an error (not produced by my code) occurs during the call, for example:

    * The call is not delivered to the server.
    * The call's return value is not delivered to the client.

Can I be SURE that a Throwable will be thrown to the client side?

Something may/must happen in the server side?

Analogously the org.jboss.remoting.callback.InvokerCallbackHandler interface offers the handleCallback() method to do callbacks to the client side.

If an error (not produced by my code) occurs during the call, for example:

   * The callback is not delivered to the client side.

Can I be SURE that a HandleCallbackException will be thrown to the server side?

Something may/must happen in the client side?

Thanks a lot for the help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025628#4025628

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025628