[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How can I pass parameters to action methods

spambob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 6 19:14:46 EST 2007

Sorry to jump in here but I actually had the same problem!

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : ...And the last and best way is to put it into the conversation context in the first request, name the context variable in the action method as a parameter, and let Seam look it up from the conversation context in the second request. This is really what Seam is about.
As far as I understood it he has a list as a context variable and wants to pass the id of an object contained in the list as action method parameter.

So the list is within conversation context but JSF doesn't resolve the id to some string that is therefore null but it would work if he would write "listingSearch.next(3) - in case page.globalListingId would be 3.

So is there any way to force JSF to resolve "page.globalListingId" to a string (assuming it is an Integer, String, ... - anything that can be cast to string without problems)?

I would greatly appreciate any hints / 2 line examples because this has been some pain for me too.

Thanks a lot in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025630#4025630

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025630