[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - overriding jboss configuration

vitor_b do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 06:36:01 EST 2007

Hello

There is a file: standardjboss.xml
This file contains JBoss configuration. But there is a posibility to override some properties by adding element <container-configurations> to jboss.xml file from META-INF of our archive, example:

<jboss>
  |      <enterprise-beans>
  |      </enterprise-beans>
  |      <container-configurations>
  |           <container-configuration extends "(name of proper configuration)">
  |                <container-pool-conf>
  |                     <MaximumSize>2</MaximumSize>
  |                     <strictMaximumSize>true</strictMaximumSize>
  |                </container-pool-conf>
  |           </container-configuration>
  |      </container-configurations>
  | </jboss>

This example will change pooling configuration.

And here i have some questions:

This configuration is written in jboss.xml file. Does this mean that configuration will be overridden only for beans in this specific archive?

Lets suppose i have an application contains 5 jar files. Configuration is overridden in only one jboss.xml file. This configuration sets new pooling properties for stateless session beans, but i have stateless session beans in all 5 jar files. So deas this mean that specific configuration will be in force only for beans from this one jar file?

Thank you for your reply in advance :)

vitor_b

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025749#4025749

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025749