[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Overall Connection Lifetime?

roist do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 10:00:30 EST 2007

Hi,
we've been happily using jboss for 4 months in production now,
but it seems we have imported some major problems with our latest db-upgrade. Our Oracle-sessions fill up our memory, and because they are never closed, the database is getting slower and slower.

I'm currently searching for a connection-pooling parameter that lets me do exactly the following: configure a timespan, that indicates how old sessions can be before they are discarded instead of returned to the pool.

It is not important to
- Check this while connection in use
- Check this before connection is handed out

It is not an option to use the connection-lifetime-property of the database, since this will cut our connections while working, as it is a hard-limit.

this is the pseudocode of how this is handled in .net-databinding:
http://blogs.msdn.com/angelsb/archive/2004/09/20/231963.aspx wrote : On SqlConnection.Close
  |    Check if time the connection has been open is greater than Connection Lifetime if it is, throw the connection away
  |    Else Put connection on the pool

What I am searching is either:
-pointers to an existing implementation
-pointers to the best place to implement this myself.

(though im not quite sure how to do this, i'd place my bet on subclassing org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool.BasePool - but again, i might be very wrong :) )

Thnx for reading, Thnx in advance for answering,

- Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025812#4025812

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025812