[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Rollback exceptions without ending the conversation

enazareno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 19:01:00 EST 2007

Hi Gavin,

     Thanks for the reply. Common database errors like constraints, uniqueness etc. So what is your recommended approach in this case?

1. Provide custom validation interceptor to handle chcking of the constraints. One needs to anticipate all the possible database errors though.

    Or

2. Make the error happen, end the current conversation and provide a way to recreate back the conversation and position to where you left off (Sounds like jbpm doesn't it?). But its a normal CRUD and not a worfklow app so I think a business process is an overkill.  Is there a way we can re-create the conversation? Is this what propagation does?

Regards,

Elmo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026036#4026036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026036