[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Pages.encodeScheme(), HTTPS, and context root '/'

flashguru do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 00:23:14 EST 2007

It might be an easy fix if standard http/https ports are assumed. However, for custom https ports, I can not think of any simple solution other than adding an attribute in the pages.xml to support custom http/https ports.

Unfortunately, this might not be the end of the story. There is a potential problem with determining the scheme using the request url as it is done in Pages.getRequestScheme().  That is, in a proxied environment, determining the scheme is a bit tricky. For example, a web server might communicate https with the browser but http with the app server, leaving the app server with no knowledge of https.  Although, I have seen some web servers passing custom header values as hints to the app server.

What might work best for everybody is that if Seam can provide a pluggable  implementation for the encodeScheme() functionality.  This way, people with configurations similar to the ones mentioned above can write their own implementation of the encodeScheme() while everybody else can simply use the default Seam implementation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026121#4026121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026121