[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - oracle-ds.xml file has poor connection pooling

ihety do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 10:40:48 EST 2007

I am currently using a vendor application (see oracle-ds.xml file below) and it seems that we have poorly managed connections from our workflow managers (where the application runs) to the Database. We are having some serious performance issues and would appreciate any help on what parameters I can tweak to ensure performance is improved:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- ===================================================================== -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!--  JBoss Server Configuration                                           -->
<!--                                                                       -->
<!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- $Id: oracle-ds-template.xml,v 1.6 2007/01/24 18:40:34 dave Exp $ -->
<!-- ==================================================================== -->
<!--  Datasource config for Oracle originally from Steven Coy             -->
<!-- ==================================================================== -->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>OracleDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@db01.dbt.pacs.com:1521:IMPAX</connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>

    <security-domain>OracleDSLogin</security-domain>
    <min-pool-size>20</min-pool-size>
    <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
    <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
    <idle-timeout-minutes>1</idle-timeout-minutes>

    <!--Uses the pingDatabase method to check a connection
        is still valid before handing it out from the pool -->
    <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connectio
n-checker-class-name>
    <!-- Checks the Oracle error codes and messages for fatal errors -->
    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

      <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->

         <type-mapping>Oracle9i</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026280#4026280

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026280