[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: 1.2.0.GA transparent node failover does not always work

bander do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 19:23:13 EST 2007

"timfox" wrote : The cluster requires at least one node to be up to remain a cluster. If all nodes fail then the clients will fail.

Of course, because there is nothing to connect to! I'm talking about the situation where both nodes are shutdown and then one node (or both, it does not matter) is then restarted. Surely we should be able to connect to that node now!

"timfox" wrote :
  | If you're expecting the client to keep on retrying if the *entire* cluster disappears in the hope it will eventually come up, then this is currently not supported. I'm not sure which other JMS providers support this either - JBoss MQ certainly doesn't.

I'm not expecting the jboss-messaging-client.jar to keep retrying! We do the retrying ourselves. If we do not get a connection to the JMS server in our test case (because its down, crashed, whatever) we loop and try to get a connection from the connection factory again.

What I'm seeing is an inability to obtain a successful connection to the JMS server after both are shut down and brought back up. It's as if the jboss-messaging-client.jar can no longer see the restarted JMS server(s).

This is an extremely simple test case. The JMS server is either there or it isn't. We should not have to reboot our application if the JMS server is shutdown. If we manually try to reconnect to the JMS server at regular intervals then we should reconnect successfully when the JMS server is restarted. This test case works under SunMQ, ActiveMQ, OpenJMS, OracleJMS. It is not consistently working under JBoss Messaging.

Here is the output of my latest test run.

http://ben.customer.netspace.net.au/reconnectTestOutput.zip

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026481#4026481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026481