[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: 1.2.0.GA transparent node failover does not always work

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 8 22:35:02 EST 2007

"bander" wrote : "timfox" wrote : How are you "killing" your servers?
  |   | Shutting down cleanly won't trigger failover.
  |
  | But surely the connections associated with that node will start to fail? At that point our app catches the exceptions and requests a new connection from the connection factory - I would assume we would then receive a connection to one of the nodes that was still operational...

You probably will get an exception, but I wouldn't bet on it. A particular jms implementation may choose to close its client connections or move them cleanly to a different server when a node is cleanly shutdown.

Having said you should receive an exception in this case with JBM (in the future this may not be the case), so why you're not getting it I don't know - I need to investigate.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026518#4026518

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026518