[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Active Directory and LdapExtLoginModule?

Neelixx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 01:01:56 EST 2007

First and foremost, you need to work on authentication before working on authorization.

If you aren't authenticating, authorization won't do you any good.

Best suggestion I have, is to enable debugging on security in JBoss.  Then, look at the logs to find out what's going on when you authenticate.  It's too tough to tell why it's failing, since I don't know your AD Environment.  You may want to get with your AD Engineers/Administrators.

You can also test LdapExtLoginModule by using the JUnit test published on the Wiki.  That's how I tweaked my configuration for AD.  I kept making changes to the config until my test passed.  Then, I had a working config to put in my app.

I'd give you the link in the JBoss AS Wiki on how to set logging levels for JAAS and Security, as well as the JUnit test, but the wiki is down right now.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026532#4026532

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026532