[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Removing timer

twocoasttb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 01:43:02 EST 2007

I was experimenting with a seam timer service and have since removed the classes from my application.  Now, whenever I start the app I get following errors:

22:36:10,389 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to invoke a Seam component outside the context of a web application
22:36:10,394 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempted to invoke a Seam component outside the context of a web application

and the timer is still there and still running:

22:36:15,381 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,381 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,382 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,383 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,389 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,394 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
22:36:15,398 ERROR [TimerImpl] Error invoking ejbTimeout: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException

(these errors show up at regular intervals- the same interval the original timer was created with)

So it's obvious that the timer is being stored somewhere and reinstated when the app starts.  This leaves me with two questions:

(1) Where is this getting saved and how do I remove it?
(2) How do I prevent this in the future?

I'm using Seam 1.1.7 Patch 1 on JBoss 4.0.5.GA

Thanks...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026540#4026540

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026540