[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EL Notation and Navigation from-action

TonyF do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 10:49:01 EST 2007

Hi all,
My first post and I'm hoping somebody will be able to shed some light on an issue I am currently having with an application being developing using Seam-JSF-Facelets-IceFaces.

The problem I'm having is that my redirects no longer work following the execution of methods in my Session Beans when the methods are called using some of my Custom Composite Components. I believe I have identified the problem as being due to the EL notation that I am using in my custom components not matching up with the notation that is being used in the paging.xml navigation rules.

To try and be clearer, the notation for the method calls in say a navigation link would be of the form: action="#{bean[method]}". This method then returns a string that maps to the rules in my paging.xml in order to redirect. In the paging.xml the rule is defined as follows:
     <navigation from-action="#{bean.method}">
            <rule if-outcome="String">
            	<redirect view-id="URL" />

I know that the problem is that the 'from-action' and the 'action' are not matching because of the use of the different notations but I have to use the bracket notation in my composite components and the paging.xml doesn't seem to like it.

Can anyone suggest a possible solution to this or let me know whether future releases of Seam will handle the bracket notation differently? As far as I understand they result in the same behaviour so shouldn't Seam treat them the same so that they match in the navigation rule? Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026634#4026634

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026634