[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Just a question

tinico do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 11:56:39 EST 2007

Hello all, sorry for my english, I'm french !!

I've a comprehension problem !

I had a problem to find an EJB from a web application. To find it I made :

  | Context ctx = new InitialContext();
  | EjbExemple home = (EjbExempleHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow( ctx.lookup(?ejbname?), EjbExempleHome.class );
  | ejb = home.create();

This lines works only if my client is a simple jsp. If my client was my web application, this don't work. I've solve thi problem with this lines :

  | properties = new Properties();
  | properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | properties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost:1099");

So, I find my EJB with :

Context ctx = new InitialContext(properties);

And it work !

My EJB interact with an Oracle database, so I ahve to find the connection with EJB. To do that, I use :

Context ic = new InitialContext();
  | ds = (DataSource) ic.lookup(?connectionname?);

It Work !!! Without properties !

So, here, my question :
Why the jsp work without context properties whereas my web app need it ?
And, Why I don't need the context properties to find my connection whereas I need it to find EJB ??

My application work, but, it's a question which I would like to have the answer.

Thx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026663#4026663

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026663